The first graphic in this chapter is a map which describe the structure of machine. I am not strange with this map, because I have seen this in a lot of areas in my life.
When I was young, I play with I a lot of model which need to be modified. And every model is so complex, each parts of it need to be cut of from the main plastic kit, then be put together by glue. Because this model has several hundreds of parts, so how to assemble them is really difficult task, and we can not success without a instrction map. To design this kind of map need consider at last 3 issues, first the shapes or traits of each part; second the position of each part; third the name of each part. Usually this kind of map is 3 demensional without perspective effect, but all parts be arrange in their 45 degree axis. In this way the reader could see a 3 facet of object.
Sometimes, the data is concrete such as the receipt information. In that situation most designer just make several column, and classify this column by filling different kind of information. Sometimes when we encounter the information more abstract, like some medical statistics, we can transfer this date or alternate the data to another form. For example, the ECG data is abstract information, if we alternate the date into curve and then attach a gird line as guide ruler, the information become concrete, we can read and understand easily and directly.
No comments:
Post a Comment