I read the book from the section 12-35, the chart which in the page 16 is unique impression, this chart has no color, and it is simply like a piece of paper, but it can be fold to 3 dimensional triangle and show the information more directly and obviously than a 2 dimensional square view. Although I do not really understand the content of the chart, I can get what the designer think about it.
The 3 dimensional fold chart stimulate and enlight me. If we could apply different material such as transparency papers, or color tinted paper into chart design, probably we can make the chart more interactively.
From the page 19-23, I found the chart in science area usually never has decoration element, I think the reader must be someone who work or study in that area. So the main function of the chart in science area is to display the information accuracy.
I found another chart in page24, that is a train schedule. This schedule is really confused me, because too many lines crossover and different icon shows in this cramp area. In the left and the bottom side of the chart, there are some explanations for each icon. Overall, this schedule provides a lot of information but the reader need pay more attention to read and decipher the each icon.
I had seen a lot of chart describes about weather, they almost all have plan view of a map, but this book provide a section view of a map. To compare with the plan view and the section view, they both have advantage. The plan view of the map is easy to tell the weather by location, and the section view is more focus on the weather differences among each locations.
In page 24, the picture that we use for an example as a chart junk do confuse us ,but I personal think this “chart junk” could be consider as illustration ,rather than a chart. It is good if it exist as an illustration for newspaper. But it is too weak as a chart.
No comments:
Post a Comment