Today I receive the book what I ordered from half dot com, it took a week shipping from New Jersey to L.A. I thought I start to read it a little bit late, anyway I got the book.
I skim this book from the beginning to the End, this is not like the graphic design book that I read before, the content of this book is more like a science book and most chart of those are less decorative staff. For some chart, I found every elements, data symbols lines are necessary, and then it provoke me question. Is it art? If it has wrote nothing about decoration. Although some charts are not good looking, they are 100% practical and successfully convey the information to readers.
I look at the first chart that shows in page 13, this is a train map of Japan, it seems like it has a long history. The design that really took to me is this chart combine with a 2 dimensional railroad map and a 3 dimensional geographic chart together. This single chart tells us more information in the limited paper space.
The second one is a toad skin, and the skin seems use for anatomy. The design method of this one is transform the 3 dimensional object into a 2 dimensional paper. Because most time we don not have a 3D devise to spin the object. So the dimension is also a key point to be thinking beside the color, stroke, contrast etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment